This is part of the “Tip-A-Day” series of blog posts that showcase a new money-related tip each day of the week.
Buying a new computer and connecting it to the internet is just the start – you need to have some protections in place to help protect you from viruses, tojans and hacks.
While the best way to protect yourself is to be vigilant when accessing the internet, here are some tips to keep you safe while online.
- Install an up-to-date anti-virus program
- Make sure you have a firewall enabled on your computer
- Never click any links that are within emails (even if it’s from someone you trust)
- Use a secure browser like Firefox or Chrome
- Do not log into any sites when using public wi-fi
How do you protect yourself on line?