Unless you have been living under a rock for the last 2 weeks you would surely of seen Coles’ latest promotion to entice you to shop with them.
As part of their newly re-booted FlyBys program, they are using a promotion called My5 to entice people to sign up.
What Is It?
Basically, they are offering you a chance to save an additional 10% on any 5 items you choose from across the store.
Simply sign up online and choose any 5 items from specific groups of items, and each time you spend over $50 in store and use your FlyBys card, you receive an additional 10% off the price of the five items you bought.
The Small Print
However, like all promotions, there are conditions, which I have highlighted below:
- Each flybuys household is eligible to set up and use one my5 discount only
- Once selected, your Product Groups cannot be changed
- All five Product Groups must be selected before the my5 discount becomes available
- The my5 discount will apply to purchases of up to five items from each of your selected five Product Groups per day
- You can purchase any combination of up to five items from your Product Group and get the my5 discount. For example, the my5 discount will apply to five of the same item, or five different items from the same Product Group
- You may purchase more than five items from each Product Group each day, but the my5 discount will only apply to a maximum of five items per Product Group, even if you have purchased fewer than five items in one or more of your other selected Product Groups
- Available only until October 31, 2012.
As you can see by the last point this promotion only lasts for 6 months. Long enough for people to get used to swiping their FlyBys cards, but not long enough to make any major savings.
What Savings Can I Expect?
Over the 6 months the promotion runs you will probably save anything from $70-$100, depending on how savvy you are with your selection. And remember, the items cannot be changed once selected.
How Best To Use It
Your best bet is to choose larger priced items, even though you don’t buy them all that often.
Products like toilet paper, shampoo, soft drink cartons, nappies, chicken breasts, and steak are all good choices.
But be careful as the item needs to be exactly what you have chosen. For example, a 24 pack of Diet Coke isn’t the same as a 24 pack of Coke Zero.
The other thing to remember is that while saving 10% off these items you may be tempted into buying more while you are in the store. Stick to your regular shopping list.
What do you think? Have you signed up yet? What savings have you made so far?
Why Join Queenslanders Credit Union? We believe in customer-owned banking. Shareholders don’t own us, you do. We offer unmatched personalised service, easy access to over 3,400 ATMs, low home loan rates and flexibility.
Want to know more?