The Big 4 Banks have been, over the last few years, buying up big in the name of expanding their market share within Australia.
Don’t be fooled into banking with the Big 4 when you thought you were supporting another financial institution.
- 9 out of 10 new mortgages signed in Australia are with the Big 4 banks!
- Commonwealth Bank owns Bankwest and a 1/3 share of Aussie Home Loans
- NAB owns UBank, and Choice Home Loans
- ANZ owns One Path (formally the Wealth Management arm of ING Australia)
- Westpac owns St George Bank, Bank SA, Bank of Melbourne and Rams Home Loans.
Were you surprised by this infographic?
Queenslanders Credit Union offers an array of awesome home loans and car loans, an online savings account, and useful everyday transaction accounts to suit every need, as well as offering insurance and financial advice. Find out more about us.